Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Train Announcers

I love it when the announcers on trains actually speak (as opposed to bark, mumble, shout or spew) their announcements. The guy on my train right now didn't say anything more than most people, but he read the list of upcoming stations out with a slow, definite, soothing, almost melodic voice.
It was if the soul of Barry White had entered the Pakistani's body.
Now, this guy doesn't say anything more than he has to, but I REALLY like the announcers that greet you, wish you a safe and enjoyable journey, and hope that our day is going well. Things like that make me happy.
It kinda reminds me of the busker that rides the trains. One time I was sitting on a train when someone in the centre part of the carriage started playing the flute, with an accompanying singer. Now that I reflect on upon it, I can't really remember the instrument... but anyway, live music started drifting through the carriage, and he started moving around. And after he finished the song, he walked around with a hat.
--
Oooh! The announcer just announced. So smooth.
--
Now, the asking for money afterward marred the moment a touch, but when you frame it in the context of a busker (rather than a spontaneous commuter), then you accept it as part of it all.
Anyway. I really liked that.
Although there was that one time we were sitting in Subway on Broadway when this random guy came in and started singing an Elvis song to us (I wish I could remember which one). He sang for some time, we all clapped, and he noticed we were taking our wallets out, and he simply said "Oh no, no, it's because you're such beautiful people."
That was fucking fantastic.

Listening to: Jamiroquai - Twenty Zero One (my jukebox is on random).
--
This message was sent from my mobile.

No comments: