Monday, May 21, 2007

Re-Uploading Some Flickr Photos

I'm spending my time at the moment re-uploading my Great Escape and Infected Mushroom photos onto Flickr. The reason is that when I started on Flickr, I resized my photos to save bandwidth when I uploaded them. Now that I'm a pro user, I figure I might as well upload the full-rez version, as it will come in handy if/when I want to print them later.
So I'm currently doing that, rather than going through the photos on my HDD and uploading some of the best of them.
And I'm a little bored, because there is no way (at the moment) to batch replace photos onto Flickr. Which kind of makes sense, until you search for the function and you find out how many people are in the same boat as me (having uploaded reduced rez images when they were a free user). And seeing as I left the title of the photos as their filename, it wouldn't be hard to implement. Just noone has yet.
Why don't I just batch upload them again, like I did the first time? Because I have already created links for them, and I don't want them to change. I'd also lose their descriptions, comments, geocoding, any groups they were put in, as well as the sets they are in. So yes. A bit of a pain.
When it's done I will start going through my older photos and uploading some of them. Hot.

No comments: