Monday, May 21, 2007

Possible moblog photo upgrade

Hmmmmmmmm... last night I had an idea.
My phone runs on MMC cards, which are half size SD cards (without the "security")... this means a MMC to SD adaptor is a common piece of equipment (there was one in my bag when it was stolen, and I think Alex has one kicking around... but I might be wrong... because, unfortunately, one of his memory cards was in my bag when it was stolen... and it had photos of his on, too).
Anyway.
Basically, I thought that if I had an MMC to SD adaptor, I could easily pop my phone memory card into my Canon, take a photo, pop in back into my phone and upload it to my blog/flickr. All on the move. Which would yield much nicer pictures than my camera phone does at the moment. Which is handy when your photographing mushroom pies.
Of course there are a few problems.

  1. I'm not sure I have (or can get) an adaptor
  2. My phone may not look for pictures in the DCIM/Canon1xx folder
  3. A 2-4MB image will take a lot longer to upload than the 400Kb images I am uploading at the moment
  4. Swapping the cards will take time - which may not always be available, and will be fiddly
  5. I'm about to get a new phone (in a few months) that will take decent images anyway (although not as good as my Canon) - and add GPS data to them.
So I'm not so sure it's worth it.
But because I like geeky things like that, and because I'm bored at work, I thought I'd write about it. I would like to try it anyway.

No comments: