Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New Place

On Saturday we (that is, Brendan, Leanne and I) moved (or started to move) into our new house at West Ryde. I really like it (will like it even more when I get furniture in there). To make it just that much better, we got a puppy too. Although we had planned that before we even looked at houses.I'm really looking forward to starting a life there. Will be kickass.
Saturday was also Pete's birthday, so after we'd signed all we had, and had moved a fair whack of stuff in, I met up with Pete for his birthday lunch. We went to a place in Palm Beach (the name of which I forget), and I had a great seafood lunch. So tasty.
Saturday night I spent on a matress on the floor of my new house. Before that though we tried out Ryde Eastwod leagues club (the new local). Odd place. The dining area is kinda like Seaworld Nara resort circa 1994. TRhe pokie area is some strange amalgam of a Spanish villa, a western set, and a jack the ripper set... odd. And then we travelled down to the Sports Bar, and it's really nice. Like I would love to have a loungeroom that looked like it. So the strange became stranger. We'll probably sign up as members, coz the beer is $3.30 a schooner for members (including James Squires!). Tops.
Sunday we picked up the new puppy; Oz. A lovely little thing. A Miniature Schnauzer x Staffy. It adds a nice family feel to the home unit.
Sunday night was Godskitchen. Leanne and I bought our tickets last week, and on Friday night we succesfully talked Michael S into coming, so I was happy with that. It was good fun, but (don't tell Michael KP) I just wasn't in the mood for Trance when Eddie Halliwell came on, so I only watched about 30 minutes of him, and then headed up to the house level. Much better. I'm enjoying house more and more lately, and after Sunday night I'm thinking that I'm now going to visit house clubs more often (I'll try and bring Peter along too), as the trance just wasn't interesting for me on Sunday. I'll probably skip the drugs too, as they are getting less enjoyable now (and I odn't think it's me building up an immunity, as Leanne agreed that the pills on Sunday were weaker than the last time), and because of that, becoming less worth it. Maybe just speed from now on. Cheaper. More reliable.
Monday was really just a recovery day. Not much gained from it.
Today I was sent to do training over at Gordon, and I'll be there tomorrow too. I was worried about people having trouble with my Shorelink maps while I was away, but I talked to Matt (head GIS guy) today, and he said they were near finished, and had heard no problems from people doing them. Cool. He also said that he'll not import them until I'm back, so I have the oppurtunity to look over them before the changes are committed. Coolies.
So that's it I believe.
Not long until Pay day; can't wait. I should also be getting my $950 back from tax soon. I'l probably buy that 60GB HDD for my iriver this week. I think I'll put the camera off for a few weeks, so that I can live a little easier than I had to last week. Also, the camera that I wanted (the same model as the one that was stolen); the Canon A700, has been replaced bya 7.1MP version; the A710. Now, I was a bit wary when I heard this, as generally, the higher above 6MP the CCD, the crappier the image quality. But I've read a review o fthe camera, and looked at some sample images, and the camera looks great! So I think I'm going to get the A710 now. Unfortunately, it's about $120 more expensive. Fek.
I also wanted to get the microSD adapter for my DS (and the software needed to re-flash it) this week, but I'm not so sure I should... we'll see.
So yeah. I think that's it now.
Happy Birthday for yesterday, Helen (not that I didn't message you and tell you that yesterday).
Later!

Listening to: Machine Gun Fellatio - On Ice (album). Under-rated band, these guys. I'm so glad I saw them 10 or so times before they split up).

No comments: