Sunday, October 08, 2006

Birthdays

What a kickass weekend.
But I'll get to the kickassness in a moment. Barwick called me on Thursday night... drunk. He was keen to meet up, and said he'd call to hang out on Firday night, but never did.
I met up with Boggle on Friday for lunch, and he was still around after work, so I met up him and grabbed some food (pizza), and we started to head back to mine. We also decided that on the way to mine, we might as well stop off at Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club, coz the beer is cheap.
We called Leanne, and she decided to meet us too, and Jon said he would too. So we all did. Brendan came after work too. Joy! The dancing Asian lady was there too! She goes off... I can't do her justice. She had kicks and twirls this time too. Awesome.
Ended up staying alot longer than we imagined we would. Boggle and Jon came back to ours, but headed back home shortly.
Saturday was the day of both Denise and Monique's birthdays. So that meant present shopping... ended up buying Denise a book and a (terrible) calendar. The book, I might add, was The Worst Mistakes in History and Who Made Them. It looked entertaining and interesting, and as it turns out, Denise left her job two weeks ago, so is keen for reading material. Exxxcellent. We (Ross, Jon, Leanne and I) ended up buying Monique a pair of sunglasses. She seemed very happy with them, and she was looking for a pair for herself anyway. I rule.
While I was with Ross getting presents, Leanne and Brendan were out finding bargains. We now have a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, and a rice cooker. I also bought a bottle opener. Nice.
It was decided that Leanne and I would go to Denise's party first, then head to Monique's afterward (everyone else went to Monique's only). Denise's was super kick-ass! Really good food, great company, and unlimited sangria! Woohoo! Yeah man, It fucken ruled. Leanne and I ended up staying a lot longer than we intended, and didn't get to Monique's until after 1am... woops. I think it was better to see Monique in a smaller group anyway, and it was indeed lovely to see her again. But she'd been sick all day, and headed home shortly after we arrived (I might add that Leanne and I didn't even arrive in time for last drinks). But the remainder of us headed to Jacksons on George for those obligatory early-morning drinks. The remainder of us was Leanne, Jon, Boggle, Mike S, Ross, (Leanne's friend) Catherine and I. surprisingly, Jacksons wasn't playing RnB in the Pool Bar, but rather, House music (muuuuch better). So that was good. But there was noone up there. No real problem. We had our obligatory drinks, and headed back. Mike was dricing, but Leanne and I caught a lift back with Catherine to West Ryde. While I only spent a brief amount of time with her, she seemed cool. I was greatful for the lift too.
Today we (Brendan, Leanne, Boggle, Jon and I) went to see Beerfest. Fucking funny shit man. REALLY fucking funny shit man. Anyone reading this HAS to go see it. It's really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, funny. So, if I haven't convinced you to see it yet, I will say one more time; go see it.
And now I'm sitting in front of my computer typing this.

That is all.

Listening to: Pink Floyd - Animals (Album) Man. This album rules. Check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!! and you didnt invite me to beerfest!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's because you are annoying.