Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Back to the weekend

Now, where was I?
Did I finish telling you about Pubfest? I don't know, and I can't hear you. Gimme a second and I'll go check my sent folder. Be back in a jiffy. You won't even know I'd left.
--
Back now.
Ok, so Mike, Pete and I had just been taken away from shots at the bar. We them all piled on to the bus to go to Kitchener (I think). Wow. What a shithole. We stayed there for one drink. Ah dammit. I remember at ATM. I hope I didn't get money out. I thought I'd only spent about $50. I'd better go check my statement.
Anyway. That Pub sucked, and the barkeep looked like a mouse. We didn't stay long, and as a present for Pete I stole a XXXX sign for him. We all hopped on the next bus which was to take us back to Bellbird. The bus trip was so much fucking fun. We were all crazy, Peter especially. Man. Some awesome fucking photos there. I'll upload them for all of those that never saw them.
Bellbird was awesome. It was this part of the night where my memory starts to fail me. I remember buying drinks. I remember knocking my beer over. I remember grabbing Leanne's camera and taking photos of everyone under the guise of being a press photographer (I'm not sure anyone believed me). I remember buying a guy a drink because he posed for the photo. I don't remember anything else (except for the guy threatening me not to put his photo on the 'net that is). Looking through the photos afterward, it looks as if we were all having an awesome time. I don't know how long we stayed there, but as is expected, we did eventually go home. We patted the horse when we got back, but I don't know why. I remember putting on the Hybrid DVD, and getting funky. I also remember putting on some music and dancing like crazy... but I don't remember what it was. Actually, my calves are still a little sore from that. I remember having Tequila, lime and lemonade with Mike, and thinking that it was alright (probably the strongest sign that I was gawn). I remember having to sleep in Peter's shitty old bed because Alex and Ally were in mine. I remember blabbing on about the music I was listening to in bed to Leanne. And I remember waking up and not being able to sleep for hours because of all the sugar in my blood (or at least that's what I assume it was).
I slept in the next day. Breakfast was a rissole that had been cooked a few hours before.
Mike had to leave by about midday to go do some work for Renata, so he missed out on the photo viewing. That was an experience. Pete has already done the good thing and uploaded some to his myspace page (go check them out. He's in my top 12 friends list).
The remainder of us piled into Leanne's car to go home via Windarra Winery (I really like that place).
We couldn't really linger, as Leanne and I had a concert to go to (Jon hadn't yet bought a ticket). So we had a FnC lunch (Kath n Kim reference) in C-town, and headed down to Sydney. Smooth run, but the Cessnock exit is such a boring drive. We got to Sydney with only enough time to get a half hour nap in before we had to nick off to the concert.
I haven't even mentione what concert it is, have I? It was The Presidents of The United States of America, and it was fucken awesome. Unfortunately, there was a bit of confusion regarding the availability of tickets, so Jon didn't get to go (bummed). Leanne and I were to meet Ross and Tristan in there (Ross had just come back from NZ, and Tristan had picked him up from the airport). We missed a train, so Leanne and I were a little later than intended, but we missed nothing. The opening band were energetic but average. 20 (or even 30) years ago they would have been something interesting, but their music just came off as old hat. However, the Presidents were fucking super mega kickass, and we had a fucking great spot to see it all too. I've never seen a crowd sing as loudly and consistently as at that concert (well, one exception; Coldplay's "Yellow" at BDO 01). It was awesome. The crowd were just loving it, and what just made it that much better was that the band seemed to be loving it too! Yeah man. It was super kickass!
Exhausted we headed back home.
What a weekend!

Listening to: Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine (album) Goth power!
--
This message was sent from my mobile.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could have been the extreme sea-sickness-inducing powers of Pete's bed that were keeping you awake. Dear god that was bad. And it was so pitch black that I couldn't focus on anything to keep my head from spinning (or to prove to myself that the bed wasn't actually moving as much as I thought it was). Ikea overhead/underhang/multipurpose beds suck some serious sea-water.

Anonymous said...

suck sea-water?
sure it wasnt something else that tasted salty???

Anonymous said...

No, Simon's tears tasted like frangelico.

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile, I remember why we went to pat the horse:

I'd spewed out the car window and we'd gotten out at the bottom of the driveway, presumably so I wouldn't spew again. You (Simon) pissed what sounded like an incredible distance, then we saw a light coming down the driveway and decided to hide from it at the back of the horse shed.

Thus - horse photos. (The light was Jon carrying the camera. I don't remember how/when Mickey S got there.)

JadeMonkee said...

Hmmm sounds convincing. Only thing was, I wasn't in the same car as you guys... I went home in Alex's car. Didn't I?
So I guess I just saw you guys and decided to come join you.

Anonymous said...

You drunken douche. I was in Alex and Ally's car with you. When I spewed out the window you said "Man, I'm so glad I got to hear you spew".

Bren, Jon, Mickey S and Pete were in your mum's car (at least physically... I think Brendan and Pete were mentally someplace quite different. A sickening world of boob dreams and frangelico farts, perhaps.)

JadeMonkee said...

Wow.
I don't remember that at all.
Wow.

Anonymous said...

You said my spew sounded like "bblllrrruurrr"