Sunday, September 24, 2006

New tattoo

So on Saturday, Brendan, Leanne and I looked at a lovely house in West Ryde, and liked it so much, that we have put in a rental application (we still need to provide some more info, but we'll fax that to them tomorrow). Fingers crossed we get it, coz it's nice, resonably priced, and close to alot of shit; or close enough. Only $330pw. Nice.
After viewing the place, we went to a park and just shot the breeze for a bit - with .44 magnum. Well not really. By a strange coincidence, Sally (friend from Uni, and Marty's longest standing friend) appeared at that very park, and we talked for a bit. Turns out she was also going to Marty's farewell that night at the Ranch.
we left shortly after that coz we had to drop Brendan off at work.
On the way back from dropping him off, I asked Leanne if she thought we should go get tattoos together some day. She simply replied with the question "How about now?"
And why not?
So I decided on a design, and she decided on a design, and we headed over to Jon's (my) house, and she drew mine up. Fucking perfectly, I might add.
In the mean time, Jon left work sick, and arrived home as Leanne was finishing my design.
I called a few tattoo studios (the really good one is booked for a month), and decided on The Illustrated Man - even though the guy I really liked had gone home for the day.
Leanne couldn't quite get her design right, so she decided to finish (and start) it on the train.
Got there, had some Thai Food, and got the tattoo done in about 15-20 minutes.
Awesome.
Here it is:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/jademonkee/My2ndTat.jpg
and here is Leanne's:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/jademonkee/20060923002.jpg
So yeah. Stoked. My tattoist didn't do as good a job as Leanne did, and he was a bit grumpy (Leanne's tattoist on the other hand was friendly enough and did a great job on her tattoo. Gaybo). But it was only ommisions that made my tattoo not as good as Leanne's original drawing, so at least I can get it added to if I feel the need. I eventually want to go to the good tattoo studio (that's booked out for a month or so), and get my first tattoo added to, and if I want, while I'm there I can talk to someone about adding some flare to my Boognish. Although it's the simplicity that I like.
Today Brendan, Leanne and I went to go look at their puppy. It's awesome. It's gonna be a nice addition to the household. I also met her biological Mother.
Also, Ross took me for a driving lesson (we practiced parking today), and came up with the idea to make chicken burgers for dinner. Holy shit they were fucking awesome. Fucking awesome.
We mixed in a special sweet chilli sauce, a but of lemon and cooked the chicken long with that sauce. Then we cooked some bacon and cooked the pineapple with the chicken, fried some capsicum, and warmed brie cheese on the chicken. We also added some lemon to some dijonaisse. Fucking awesome. Like FUCKING awesome.
We took one along to Brendan when we went to pick him up from work, and he said it was probably the best chicken burger he's ever had. Well done Ross.
So yeah. That's it.
Keep it rockin,

Listeningto: Jon talking to Helen on Skype. Hi Helen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEST weekend EVER! RrrraaaARRGGHH!

JadeMonkee said...

Hah! Just read the comment then... 15 minutes after you asked me if I read my comments.
Frozardpole... don't forget, it'll be a chameleonic frozardpole.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna buy myself some textas! Or perhaps break out the old connectables! Oooh...