Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Adventures on the Train, pt 3

I brought a book with me on Friday, so you probably noticed that there were few updates. Well, I've just about finished that book, so I figure I'll write something in my blog to help save what is left of my book for the trip home.
But anyway.
There was still little work to do up to Friday, so my boss assigned me with "prep" work. This is more complex than what I was doing before, and there are more decisions that need to be made, as well as more training.
This should be fine. Except the person that input the data that I'm working with was a fucking monkey. There are soooo many errors and inconsistencies that it's going to take me all of this week (and maybe part of next) to find and correct them all. To exemplify how many errors there are, the error report was 24 pages long. Gaybo.
I'm not sure I have a strong enough concept of our data to be making the kind of decisions that need to be made in doing this, so I'll still be hassling my trainers for info on best practice. In a couple of weeks I should be comfortable enough with my own decisions though.
Also, our new manager wants us to start working a minimum 40 hour week (whereas before it was a maximum 40 hour week). I'll be happy for the money, but I'll have to start getting into work earlier. About 8:30am should be early enough.
Went up to the Hunter this weekend for a haircut. I like it. Feels better to have shorter hair again.
I also tried the mentos and diet coke experiment with Peter. Fun. We decided that it would be awesome that next time one of Peter's friends is drinking diet coke, he should tell them to try a "mint swirler" by dropping a mentos into it - also telling them that it is tasty as. Obviously he'd have to stand back. Awesome.
So yeah. Work yesterday was really just error checking and hassling Lex for info on how to fix the errors. Work today will be much the same.
"Next stop Strathfield. Stand clear, doors closing."

Listening to: Faith No More - Angeldust (hey, what's that FNM song that ends with Mike Patton screaming "Help!" "Help!" "Help!" "Help!" [notice the pause between the "Helps"] I'm pretty sure it's off of Album of the Year. Comment me the answer [this is actually just a ploy to get you people to start leaving comments]).
--
This message was sent from my mobile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've left a comment before! Meany.

Anonymous said...

So have I. Why can't u just leave us alone? Why must u ALWAYS demand demand DEMAND?!

JadeMonkee said...

Indeed.
But not enough.

Anonymous said...

The song is "Helpless", and it is from 'Album of the Year'.