Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Weekend

Not much to say really.
Well, I suppose there is.
I started applying for jobs last week, and will continue to do so this week.
Dad decided to come down to the Hunter on the weekend, using Peter's broken ankle as a reason.
I hadn't seen him for 4 years maybe. Crazy. It was really good to see him actually, and Tomasina (sp?) too. I also saw (for the first time) my half-sister Helen. She's lovely.
The top thing about seeing Dad, is that I did a fair bit of driving (he owns a manual), and he has given me enough money to get my licence, as well as help toward registering the EH! Hot shit! So I will be calling Ross this afternoon to see if he'll help me with some driving before I Go for my test (which I will be booking v. soon). I can't wait. It will certainly make getting a job easier.
Speaking of jobs, Michael KP is taking me to the Rural Fire Service GIS Centre today for a gander at how it all works. Neato! My good mate Levi actually works there, so maybe I'll see him. It's meant to be a very impressive place, and it is actually one of the places I would like to look for employment, but I don't think my skills are quite up to par at the moment. I'm still going to apply though.
So yeah, at the moment I'm just waiting for MKP to pick me up from Jon's.
Anyway, back to Dad. We went to the Zoo, Alex's baseball game, dinner a few times, lunch, and a cheese-based breakfast at the Hunter Valley Gardens. When I get my license, I'll probably start heading up more regularly.
I was meant to come back down to Sydney on Monday, but I stayed up at the Hunter to see Dad off on Monday, and on Tuesday, Mum didn't want Peter to come down (they've been fiting alot lately), so I had to stay up at the Hunter. So I'm finally down today. I don't think I missed anything too interesting...
Oh, and Tool have been confirmed to tour in January (RIGHT around Big Day Out, so I reckon it's pretty clear that they'll be playing there this year), and tickets go on sale this Friday... let's hope I have money by then.
Is that it?
I think so.

I should be inSydney for the rest of the week, but am helping with the move from Scotland Island this weekend, so I once again won't be available. Sucks.
Later gator,

Listening to: Melvins + Lustmord - Pigs of the Roman Empire. I like it. Very atmospheric.

No comments: