Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kinda moved in

Hey pals!
Sittin at Jon's, as I have most afternoons this week, as I've pretty much moved in. Only I haven't started applying for jobs yet; that comes tomorrow.
So how was my weekend? Good!
Friday night was a blast, I got well toasted, and didn't spend more than $80, which I'm happy with. We met at James Squires Brewhouse, because Pancakes @ the Rocks was closed for renovations.
Man my feet smell right now...
anyway.
I couldn't afford dinner there, so I sat outside with Boggle, Glen, Jon, Mike KP and Mike S and drank until the rest of the gang had finished dinner. I only got about 2 pints in before we left to go to the Pav. Yup, the fucken Pav. Such a shithole, but goddamn cheap, and of course that's why we went there. I might add not through choice; it was Belinda's friends that wanted to go, coz they wanted to get drunk. So we obliged, as it was not yet Tristan's BDay, but Belinda's. At least I got wasted there (it was my intent for Tristan's BDay to do this, it being a special occassion and all). We then headed off to Equilibrium (Jon went home as the poor SOB had to work the next day), which I reckon is pretty cool, despite being turned away last time I went there (at Boggle's BDay party). Got funky on the dance floor too, but we won't go there.
Yeah, the night was good. Got the bus home, met someone that bought puppies off of us once (actually Fred's Brothers and Sisters). Crazy world. Got back to Jon's, and slept when I got there. Also found out that my phone was reconnected, as I called Mum (who was about to leave to drop Peter off at Central Station so he could go to Griffith for the weekend to see a Shannon Noll concert).
The next day... Jon went to work, Boggle and I hung around, and Mike S decided to meet us at Jon's and head off to Hornsby. We had breakfast/lunch, and I bought Mogwai's latest offering, Mr. Beast. I haven't had sufficient time to become acquainted yet, as it requires a certain mindset that I have not yet found myself in. I probably shouldn't have bought it, as I'm now fucking tight, but it's habitual that I do...
Brendan and Leanne came over to Jon's that night, as it was Brendan's BDay on Friday, and we wanted to see him. We drank a bit, and watched The Wizard, the Fred Savage movie about a "challenged" kid who is awesome on NES. It was pretty lame, and the power glove didn't feature nearly as much as I thought it would. Turns out Tobey Maguire had a small part as someone's goon. Pretty funny to see him there.
I must admit that I spent most of the night collating the album art for the files on my mp3 player... nerd.
Sunday I was awoken by Brendan and Leanne at the door with breakfast (how very kind of them... many thanks go out to them)... but what happened that day? I don't think we did much. I had found a narration track that follows the first Harry Potter movie, so I went over to Brendan's (with Leanne) to go see it. It was fucking hilarious. I recommend getting it. It's done by the same guy that did the George Washington video I posted about a while ago. Go to
http://www.illegal-art.org/video/wizard.html
to get it.
We only watched the first disc that night (we were getting tired) and had intentions of finishing it the next day, but it was such a beautiful day that Leanne took it off and we decided to go somewhere interesting instead. We decided on going to the Australian Reptile Park up near Gosford instead. It was cool man. I love zoo-type places. Had a great day, but unfortunately it meant that I wasn't able to type up my CV, or call this guy that Jenny wanted me to call. After the reptile park, we went back to Brendan's and made spinach and cheese triangles that were tasty as, and easy as! The goats cheese ones were my fav. We also watched the final part of the Harry Potter narration. It was tops. The only problem was that it didn't sync very well, and we had to keep restarting the chapters at the chapter breaks mentioned during the CD (if you hear it, you'll know what I mean).
So I was going to type up a CV, and call that guy today, but at 7am I get the call that Jason had called in sick that morning, so I was to cover for him. So I worked today (why my feet stink). Only got two jobs done, the first one at Miranda took hours coz the lift wouldn't take the safe with the door on, so we had to wait to get the door stand, then get it up the lift. All up I think it took about 5 hours. Sucks. The next job was easy though, and the guy gave us a tip for it. Beer! A can of Reschs Real Draught (or summin'). Quite tasty.
And now I'm sitting at Jon's typing.
w00t!
Have fun,
Simon

Listening to: Strapping Young Lad - No Sleep 'till Bedtime - Live in Australia (rockin the fuck out)

No comments: