Friday, August 25, 2006

The Job Interview

So I just finished the job interview, and it seems to have gone well! The interviewers were really great people, and we even talked about fantasy authors for a time. It was good, and they seemed really enthused. So enthused actually, that they said I may even be suited for a permanent position at a place called Ace Insurance (also in the CBD) at (If I remember correctly) $45k. Not bad. So they'll let me know soon.
But I should tell you a bit more about the jobs. The job at Sensis is digitising maps, but it is an evening shift from 3.30pm to 11pm, Mon to Fri. It's a 3 month contract with a possibility to stay on. The pay is $23/hr.
The job at TC is also digitising maps, but also creating arc data (travel time etc). It is standard 9-5pm, Mon-Fri. It pays $24/hr. They both provide onsite training. They also start Monday.
The job at Ace Insurance I have less info for, but I'm pretty sure it will be more complicated and more independant.
I don't really know what job I want the most.
To further complicate things, while I was in the interview, there was a voice mail message left about the job in Blacktown. They also want to interview me. So I called her back and told her that I just had an interview about some jobs in the CBD, and am obviously happier with the idea of a CBD job than one in Blacktown, especially as I don't know where I'll be living after November, and this contract is until June. BUT, she said that people that have stayed on at the Integral Energy job have been given positions at $65k pa, and that would be very nice.
So I don't know what to do.
I'm wanting my license before the end of Sept, so that will help with my decision. Maybe.
So there you go. I'm so very close to employment. I RULE!

Listening to: The Air Conditioning on the train - my iriver is in Mum's car at Chatswood; where I'm heading now.
--
This message was sent from my mobile.