Friday, May 26, 2006

Stolen

As if the week had to get any worse, last night I went out to the city with Jon and Boggle for beers and talk to help clear my mind.
We spent most of the night at The Clare (cheap jugs), and when we were heading up to get dinner we ran into some English backpackers who were looking for a place that played rock music (it was also one of their birthdays), so it being Thursday night, I recommended Ruby Rabbit on Oxford St. So we all headed there, and had a great time. I wanted to dance, so I put my bag down nearby.
Big Mistake.
It got stolen. It must have happened when we went to the bar for shots.
So, what did I lose?
My iriver & headphones (total $900 to replace), Jon's mp3 player & headphones ($400), my DS + 3x Games + the SD adaptor ($400), my 3 day old digital camera + media ($530), my sunglasses ($200), and my little bag of tricks which includes my toothbrush, slide whistle, hacky sacks, mouth harp, numerous cables and adaptors, my memory card reader, Jon's book, my leather notepad and heaps of other random shit I can't remember.
It fucking sucks. It really fucking sucks. It's going to be a bitch to replace all that shit.
So I called the police and I sent faxes to most of the pawn shops in desperation, but I don't think it'll help.
I'd really like the bag back, even minus the expensive stuff, because it's the smaller stuff that will be hard to replace.
Fucken sucks.

No comments: