Sunday, May 07, 2006

Public Transport

I've just arrived home (Scotland Island) from my weekend out.
Obviously comparing this weekend to last would yield disappointment, but even not doing so, the weekend was less than super tops.
There were just a few disappointments that left it less-than-brilliant.
But anyway, here's a re-cap.
Sophie's graduation was on Friday evening, and we'd arranged to meet each other after she'd gone out to dinner with her friend Alicia and their respective families. I ran out of things to do, so I met her a little early at the restaurant (after everyone had finished their meals). I joined the families for a glass of wine, and it was nice to spend time with them (more so Sophie however).
We ended up heading to The Oaks in Neutral Bay, which was a quaint (albeit large) art deco era pub that I'd never been to before. I'd like to go back, and Ross reckons it's pretty easy to get there from his place, so I reckon we should.
But anyway, we left there about 1am, and I coudn't go back with Soph, so I had to head home. So I only got to see Soph for about 3 hours this week. Sucks. It also cost me about $50 to get home that night. I'm a bit over Scotland Island. If I had my license, life would be easier. I really need to do something about that.
Next day Tristan had invited me to go lawn bowling with his work mates. I was due there at midday, but because of my reliance on public transport, that wasn't entirely possible. Peter dropped me at Mona Vale bus stop at~11:30am, and I found out that it was a 3 hour wait for the bus to Gordon... great. So I decided to get something to eat and go via the city instead. So it took me 2 hours to get there. That sucks. Because I was so late, I couldn't get in on a team. However, I did get a few goes playing on a team that only had 3 people on it. Jon didn't get there until 3:30 maybe. Overall I liked it. In fact, I'd like to do it again.
I had a fair bit to drink, and was feeling a little pissed. Or rather pissed even. To compound this, we went to the Blue Gum afterward. We met up with Ross and Mike (S) there, and Jon, Ross and I went back to Mike's place when everyone else had left.
There we watched the Queens of The Stoneage DVD (Which kicked total ass!), and listened to 10,000 days. Funily enough, Jon didn't at all like 10,000 days when he first listened to it (on his computer), but when we played it at Mike's he thought it was kickass. Actually, the experience was so different for him on Mike's stereo, that he was sure that somehow he'd heard a different album the first time. Weird, but funny.
I ended up staying at Jon's, coz there was a bed there, and I'd had a headache most of the afternoon (funny when the hangover kicks in when your still drinking), and I was buggered.
Today Jon, Luke and I watched Kung Fu Hustle, which was pretty damn funny, and also a few episodes of Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, which was fucken hilarious.
And now I'm at home.
So it was a pretty good weekend, but I'm disappointed about not spending much time with Sophie, about having to rely on public transport, and about being to tired.
Tomorrow we are doing a spring clean on the place because the landlord is coming over for an inspection on Tuesday. Whoopee. Gonna be fun.
I'm hoping to work this week, as I need the money. I'm also hopeing to book some driving lessons, and will be posting Helen's present.
Let's see if I can become that better person I've been meaning to become for however many years.
And that's about all on my mind.

Listening to: Opeth - Orchid (album)

No comments: