Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Weekend + Ross

This weekend was meant to be spent cleaning West Ryde (see post below), but Leanne and I ended up going to Mickey's for drinks/smokes with him and Ross on Friday night... and only got back here (West Ryde) at maybe 2pm today (Sunday).
But I can't say I didn't enjoy myself (or would have been happier cleaning), and in the end the place looks fine anyway (just not fine enough for a final inspection... but the final inspection won't be until the 12th anyway).
Friday night was good fun. We had the music crankin' and the dance-floor pumpin' (if only with 3-4 people in attendance). Saturday Ross had to go continue moving his shit, but Mike, Leanne and I just hung around. We had those awesome chicken burgers from Chargrill Charlie's for breakfast again. Yum.
Mike went to buy a TV Tuner card for his PC, but ended up just getting Neil's old one for $30 anyway (He was gonna spend $90 on a new one). I was gonna spend $70 on a caddy for my HDD, but decided to save my money and get it later (no real urgency to get my data off of the HDD).
Had a go on Neil's electric scooter... fun, but I'm a pansy and still get a little freaked out on things like that... in saying that. however, I wouldn't mind another go...
Man. Looking at Mike's set up, I totally want a home theatre PC. So, now that there is a vacancy in the PC department, I think I will save for one... goodbye 24" monitor for the time being... not that I even had the money for that yet anyway.
But yes. Home theatre PC's are awesome... I think I'd give Linux a go though.
Anyhow, we had Mike's famous Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner (those of you who look at my flickr account will see evidence of this), and opened up one of his 15 year old bottles of wine. It was alright. Well, good, but bland. But dinner and company was fine, so a great night it was indeed.
This morning we had a fry-up. Mmmmm Fry-up...
Breakfast at Mike's
Yes. Tasty indeed. I love big breakfasts... num num num. We added special beans to the baled beans to make them tastier. It worked :)
So we sluncked around there for a wee bit, and came back to West Ryde.
Washed up, cleaned up some of the clothes, and then Ross came around. We had to go back to Chris' place for a final check and for Chris to give the ok on the condition the apartment was left in, then it was made official; Ross was then our new room-mate! Yay!
So there you go. A rough re-cap of my weekend.
Hope you enjoyed it.

Listening to: Silence, the occasional sound of Leanne turning a page, and Ross getting ready for bed.

No comments: