Monday, June 25, 2007

Chilli Challenge


Chilli Challenge
Originally uploaded by JadeMonkee.

For lunch today Josh and I decided to create our own Chilli Challenge.
We each bought a can of Stag Chilli, and we each bought a can of bean mix to throw in with it. Only, he bought Regular Stag, while I bought Dynamite Stag, he bought 4 bean mix, while I bought 5 bean mix (sounds like I have an inferiority complex).
Also, because of the recent lack of bowls at TC, and because of the size of our meal, we also stopped off at a Japanese Supermarket and bought some big Japanese bowls (they were 50% off). They're actually pretty nice... but I digress.
I suppose "challenge" isn't the best name, as the only challenge-like part was finishing it - and that wasn't hard anyway. It was done more as an experiment, but I liked the alliteration of "Chilli Challange."
So, what are we testing? Comparing to normal Stag, we will see:
How long it takes to react.
How much gas it generates.
How they smell.
How long the effect lasts.
What the reaction is of our respective spouses.
We will also compare reactions between each other.
So, it looks like it's gonna be a fun night tonight!
Woohoo!

Josh forwarded me this, which I thought was appropriate because of the subject matter and the blog:

An epistle by John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester:

Perhaps ill Verses, ought to be confined,
In mere good Breeding, like unsavory wind.
Were Reading forced, I should be apt to think
Men might no more write scurvily than stink.
But 'tis your choice, whether you'll read or no;
If likewise of your smelling it were so,
I'd Fart, just as I write, for my own ease,
Nor should you be concerned unless you please.