Thursday, June 07, 2007

Case Refunded

Because the computer case I bought didn't have an ir receiver on it, and because the guy who sold it to me said that it did, he gave me a refund. Yay! He said I was mad to do it though, as it was well below cost. I don't care; it's a shit case (I didn't tell him that though...).
So, spontaneous regretful purchase fixed.
Oh, and he said that he doesn't have any Sempron 3100+'s so I wasn't able to get one anyway (which actually makes me feel a little better). Apparently you can't get them anymore.
FYI, the difference between my processor (Sempron 3000+) and the Sempron 3100+ is the 3100+ has 256kb Level 2 cache, and the 3000+ has 128kb.
What that will actually amount to in performance, I don't know, but I figured the $10 difference would have been worth it.
Oh, and Fluidtek don't stock the 20->24 pin power adaptor that I need to hook my mobo up - I will have to visit Jaycar tomorrow to get one.

No comments: