Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Best Laid Plans...

It seems that my best laid plans have, indeed, gone awry.
The plan was to arrange a weekend up at the Hunter, with a bonfire and mushrooms.
This plan originally started back when I was at Uni - Denise and I wanted to have a mushroom party in celebration of her finishing Uni.
She finished Uni a few weeks ago, and this weekend seemed the best time for it to happen.
Fortuitously, only a few months ago I found a man that claimed he could get me mushrooms.
I messaged him last week (unsure if calling him would be good if it weren't a good time for him to speak about such matters), and he said he'd see what he could do.
He has not yet responded to any more messages, and every night since Sunday (when he wouldn't be at work) I have forgotten to call him.
So it's probably a no-go.
And the bonfire is also a no-go because of the recent flooding in the Hunter.
On top of this, very few people have responded to my SMS invitation sent out on Monday. So I'm unsure how many people are coming, and many have said that they can't make it.
So, it's probably going to end up being about 5 people, freezing our arses off, huddling around the little fire chimney on my back porch, drinking.
I'll at least see if I can get something to smoke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry dude,
Just got back into sydney. Didnt get no message of which to reply to on monday! Wont be able to make it though anyway as im buggered from a big week and im helping nan move into her new place tomorrow..