Friday, March 16, 2007

The Mars Volta

Holy shitballs.
The Mars Volta rock.
Man. Tight. Seriously tight.
Fucken full points for an awesome show boys.
They played last night at the Hordern Pavilion. They were originally scheduled for November, but their drummer quit, so they had to find + rehearse with a new drummer. He was fucken good too (as you'd expect), so Ben was relieved (Jon Theodore - the previous drummer - was Ben's fav drummer). But yes. Fucking tight show. They are fucking good musicians. In fact, there was this one song where they ended it mid note! Not the slightest reverb afterward! Fucking tight! (Although I wonder if a "mute button" was used).
I'd say the highlights (for me) were Viscera Eyes and Cicatriz ESP.
Matters were probably improved by the fact that Ben handed me half a joint during the show. Top stuff, Ben. Transportational.
They played for about 2 ¼ hours I think - no farcical encore, no talking except for the thank you at the end. So fucken hot. And there were a handful of video cameras recording the event, too.... sick. I heard that it was to record the movie the Omar has been making for six years. Of course, I forgot to bring in my camera... dammit.
Check the wikipedia page out (it's actually really interesting):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_mars_volta
FULLY SICK!
Caught the early train in this morning, so I got to watch the sunrise... so pretty. I forgot to pack lunch last night though, and didn't have time this morning, so it looks like I'll be eating out today. Friday fish maybe. Bit of a shame coz I'm tight this week, and that pasta Leanne made was tasty.

Listening to: Cradle of Filth - Thornography (Album). Yes, I know I should be listening to The Mars Volta, and I had all intentions last night of listening to them all day today, but I woke up with a CoF song in my head, and the songs on Thornography are just so fucking catchy. Yeah, that's right, catchy CoF songs. It's a fucken sick album. So fucken hot! I'm surrounded by awesome music! Yay!

No comments: