Sunday, April 30, 2006

Best Weekend Ever?

I'm currently sitting on the train from Newcastle, on my way to Hornsby to meet Jon; we're going to see V for Vendetta. Jon's not welcome home tonight because his brothers girlfriend is coming home tonight after being away for 3 months. 'nuff said.
But anyway... about my weekend.
Friday I spent with my dear friend Linden, whom I've not seen in a very long time. We watched The Proposition (the Nick Cave movie). It was pretty good. I'd like to see it again to think it over a bit more. I didn't think it was 5 star material...
Boggle and I also went over to Jon's to waste time for a bit when Linden went to dinner.
I stayed the night at Linden's because I was meeting Alex at Gordon station at 6am. We were heading to Newcastle for a job, and after that I was meeting Sophie there.
The job went well (despite Alex being drunk from a party the night before), and I met up with Sophie easily.
Ah, Sophie. I'm totally fucking smitten, as is she. We spent the rest of the weekend together at my Hunter Valley house. We even made sushi! We've both fallen for each other very hard and very fast. Yeah, so smitten.
So, if the weekend consisted of me just seeing Soph, it would have been fucking brilliant, but it didn't.
Tool also released their new album, and I picked it up on Saturday. I haven't listened to it yet (AH!), because of not being able to give it the attention it deserves with Sophie around (or was it not being able to Give Sophie the attention she deserves with the album around?). So I'm fucking keen to hear it. It's got a fucking cool cover, complete with a stereoscope! Fucken A.
But that's not all that happened.
I also received a letter from the Kentucky Consulate Center. I've been selected for the final round of diversity visas. There's a 50/50 chance of me getting a green card! Fucken A! I have to return some forms, then I'll be notified of an interview date, them, if approved, I pay the near $1000 fee, and then I can live, work and learn in the states! To say it again, Fucken A! I might have to go to the states within 6 months of it being issued though... better start saving.
So this weekend was dream-like; a beautiful woman I love, a new Tool album and the chance to get a Green Card.
Magic.

Listening to: The Proposition Soundtrack. Moody...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry, but remind us how getting a green card would make someones weekend good? Just learn a trade and you dont need one or need to pay a thousand dollars.. ha anyway good to hear..

JadeMonkee said...

uuh... You think american Visas are free?
If I learnt a trade, I would still have to apply for a Visa (and then the subsequent green card... contrary to what you believe, you DO need a green card to work in the states for an extended period of time. If you don't have a green card, you need a visa. Visas cost money), and then pay at least the $1000 in admin anyway. duh.