Monday, April 10, 2006

Suicide Girls

So I went to the Suicide Girls gig on Friday night. Good fun. Really good fun. Got a photo with nixon (my fav of the night) afterward, which will serve as a nice little keepsake.
However the experience was marred by the fact that I had to work the next morning. And not just work, but work IN FUCKING CANBERRA. This sucks for so many reasons. I will list them for your enjoyment below.
1) It's 4 fucking hours away in the truck
2) we leave at 6am (or earlier) when we go there (so wake at 5am)
3) it's a fucking dive
4) the middle seat in the truck is very uncomfortable and I don't fit properly
So, rather than going out afterward, I had to go back to Alex's place with him (we were both working in Canberra the next day).
Alex and I got to bed (that sounds wrong...) about 1:30am, to be up by 5am. On the way down to the car, I received an SMS from Tristan telling me that he was at Pitt St McDonalds. Clearly he and Jon had a better night than me.
Trying to stay awake on the way down to Canberra was v. difficult. At least it was Jason driving (sorry Jas).
We were heading down to Canberra to deliver 2x Cash safes and 2x HUD Dante Double Door safes to the CBA in... I can't remember what suburb.
Of course when we get there the builders didn't have the area where they were meant to go ready, so we just had to bring them in. So why were we brought down on such short notice on a Saturday? WHY?!?
The guy said that he just wanted them through the doors before they sealed them off... yet we brought them in the doors that weren't being shut off anyway. Wow... that really sucks. At the very least, I will be paid well this week. But that's the very least. Well, actually it's not the very least, the very least was the very tasty, very spicy chilli beef that I had for lunch after the job...
We got back to Sydney at about 3:30pm, and Alex dropped me at Central, and I headed over to Jon's for a relaxing night (and to hear of he and Tristan's adventures the night before).
So we decided to buy curry (from Hardeep's in Hornsby; the very best curry house anywhere) and hire movies.
Because I'd never seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, we hired that, and also hired Transorter 2 and Euro Trip (because Tristan had never seen it). Transporter 2 sucked, but we expected that; you see a movie like that for jumps and explosions and other stupid things. Fear and Loathing was enjoyable, although I'd like to see it again to see if there was anything more to it (or something to it). Euro Trip is fucken hilarious.
And curry is awesome. I've been wanting to get a vindaloo from Hardeep's for ages, but never have. Tristan was up for it, and so was Jon, so we got one. Tasty, but not actually hot. The Chilli beef was hotter. So next time I'm going to ask for a "hot" vindaloo. I wonder if that's how you spell vindaloo...
The next morning I'd arranged to meet up with Sophie for coffee (despite me not actually being a drinker of coffee...) in the city. So I headed off from Jon's while he was still asleep (bastard) for my meeting.
I had a wonderful time (but shouldn't have buttered my Banana Bread. I've now learnt my lesson), and am keen to see her again. Hopefully it will be soon. We keep in frequent contact through SMS anyway (bringing random thoughts to each other) and also call each other about once a week. I look forward to seeing her again.
And now I'm at home. I was meant to work today (Alex has pinched a nerve in his shoulder blade so has been moved to light duties at work), but felt a bit of a chest cold forming, and took the day off. Alex visited the doctor for his check up today, and he said that he will have to continue on with light duties for the next few days at least. So I'll be covering for him on the trucks. Money is GOOD!
And that's about it. Thanks for reading!

Listening to: Pendulum - Hold Your Colour (Album); and lovin it!

No comments: