Monday, April 24, 2006

Dubbo

Thursday evening I was told that I was requested at work the next day for a job in Dubbo, Fucking Dubbo. Jose and I were to head out on the ute to deliver the safe that couldn't be delivered last week (because Simon sent the wrong fucking safe up there!).
6 Hours there, 5 hours back, for a 1 hour job worth $1000. Annoying. At least I heard Tool's new single twice. Ah, Tool, how I love thee! Only 5 days until their new album comes out. Stoked! Alex already has a downloaded copy of it, but I don't want to hear a lo-fi version. Also, I said I'd give my virgin listen to Mike's Stereo. I fucking love his Hi-Fi, and to hear the new Tool album on it will be fucking bliss. So I guess I'm goin to his place this Saturday.
But anway... the safe wasn't ready until 10:30am, so we left late, and about 2 hours after leaving, Alex found out we were going and told us that we needed Alloys (large alloy plates to lie on the ground) for the job, and probabl the high lift trolly too. Great. Seeing that we were already so far into the job, we decided to head there anyway and try the job anyway.
We actually completed the job relatively easily. We needed the alloys to get across some very lumpy ground, but there were actually two ways in, the other way involving a very tall step. So we just built a ramp out of the random pieces of building waste lying around the site. Yay!
Of course I didn't get back to Sydney until 10:30pm, and actually missed my bus back to the beaches by 5 minutes. There was a 45 minute wait until the next one. So I finished writing that letter to Helen that I started in the ute on the way up (yay! I'm not a total bum!). I'm torn on whether I should make some slight changes to her CDs before I send them, or just send them as-is... So torn...
The weekend was a whole lot of average, as Pete, Mum and I headed up to the Hunter House for maintainence. So we gardened and swept and cleaned, and the house looks prettier now. I also had some very nice steaks and sausages. Num num.
Sophie headed down to Canberra to present at a conference, so we didn't have the oppurtunity to talk much, which sucked, and I haven't seen her since last Sunday. We are going to meet up tomorrow though.
Tomorrow will be busy. Meeting Sophie in the Morning, but unfortunately, she has to head back up to Taree early afternoon. Sucks.
So I'm planning on heading to Brendan's for an Anzac Day BBQ, and then into the city by 6:30pm to meet up with Briony to go see Opeth at 8pm.
YAY! OPETH! I fucken love Opeth. Totally fucken mad metal.
So yeah. That's about all really.
Been playin my DS a fair bit (thank you Supercard for ruling, and PassMe2 for making it possible), but that's coz I'm a nerd. Can't wait for the wifi lib to be released, then we'll be getting some kickass homebrew. Matter of fact, progress for that can be found here (not that any of you are DS fans...).
Anyway. That's all.

Listening to: Opeth - Ghost Reveries (Album)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So have you decided yet, what to do re the cds yet?? Are u gonna make changes or are they winging their way as is? The anticipation's too much!!