Friday, July 06, 2007

My "job" Pt 2

I'm working day shift! Which means, that I AM actually working :-)

I went to see Steve on Tuesday, showed him the ad that said that we were hired to do day or night shift according to our preferences. I also told him that I would leave if I didn't get day shift. He was a bit annoyed as this wasn't the information that he had told the recruitment agency to advertise (and I also doubt the recruiter had been telling him the truth about the ad) but he was gracious enough, and told me to wait until the afternoon... at which time he told us all that we would all get our initial preferences of day or night!

So yay!

None of my closer friends are doing day shift, but some of them may change. And hey, I don't really care - we'd have to sit at different workstations during the day anyway, and I'm not about to do night shift.

Interestingly enough, I've found out that I work 7.5 hrs during the day while night shift work only 6 hrs and FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF PAY. Crazy! So essentially I get 7.5 hrs worth of money more than them a week... which is grand.

1 comment:

JadeMonkee said...

Even though I already knew this,
Woohoo!