Friday, April 04, 2008

Swayzak (and pot)

I'm currently listening to a new Swayzak album I picked up yesterday titled Some Other Country.
Swayzak are a group I heard about last year when !K7 were having a CD sale, and I went spazzy and bought a whole pile of CDs.
I bought two of their offerings, Dirty Dancing, and the B-Side collection Route de la Slack.
While smoking a whole load of pot last year, I fell in love with Dirty Dancing (unfortunately Route de la Slack never grabbed me), so when I saw the new album at JB yesterday, I couldn't help but pick it up.
It's good. So far my favourite track is Claktronic, but doubtless others will grow on me with subsequent listens.
I like them.
In truth, I already liked the album before smoking pot, but the music perfectly suits the combination of Mickey's dark, red downstairs room, and a spliff. It's a shame that this album will never be able to be given that level of treatment. *sigh*
Actually, this morning (while listening to this album) I realised that my pot smoking habits will forever change from the dim lighting and moody tones of Mickey's red room, to the natural light of either Coogee Beach, misc Brisbane parks, or my back verandah; and that's a bit of a shame.
It was such a strange and wonderful time/room/experience, and it's a little upsetting that that chapter is forever closed.
But thems the breaks.

Swayzak are a recommended group.

Listening to: Swayzak - Some Other Country (Album)

3 comments:

JadeMonkee said...

Thought I'd quickly post here saying that I'm currently listening to the previously un-listened-to second disc of Route de la Slack, and am rather enjoying it.
I thought that maybe I'd only ever listened to disc 1, and now it seems that was the truth, and I should have given disc 2 a chance earlier, as it is much better (FYI disc 1 is remixes, disc 2 is rarities).

JadeMonkee said...

Another update (although I doubt these are being read...).
The new Swayzak album has been getting into my head (which is exactly how Dirty Dancing ended up moving up the awesome album ranks.
In fact, the song Silent Luv is fekkin awesome. I really, really like it.
Happy times.

Lilly said...

Yay! :-)