Monday, February 11, 2008

First Day at Work

I'm currently on the bus to work. My first day. The bus is packed. It stops often. I wonder if it will arrive on time? Who knows. Some much needed suspense to keep the ride interesting. I thought it was full, but it's just made another stop. I don't know how any more people will be able to fit on.
Crazy Brisbane.
Well, my previous week of team building was fun. Met some cool people, and even went over to one of their houses afterward for some drinks.
Oh Jesus, the bus has just stopped again. It's like India.
At least someone got off this time.
So yeah, the training was good.
I met both my mentor and my supervisor, and we've drawn up a sort of game plan for my career. The supervisor has also paired me up with the environmental guy on the GIS team (although they call it SIS up here), so I'll learn things from him.
Hmmm. I don't really know exactly where to get off. This'll be fun.
Talan arrived on Saturday night, bringing with him a fridge, mattress, TV and my Wii. Yay!
He'll be staying with us until May. Should be fun. He's gonna have to find a job though.
I think I'd best go now and keep my eye out for my stop. Wish me luck.

Listening to: nomeansno - The People's Choice.
--
This message was sent from my mobile.

No comments: