Monday, July 17, 2006

Sublime

Went out to Sublime on Friday night. Good fun. There were a fair few people I knew there, so that was nice. It was originally meant as a final night out on the pills before Mike KP went of to his army duties. Unfortunately, last week Mike KP found out that he had his physical this week, and on the off chance that it will involve a drug test, he decided not to take anything. To my surprise, he still came, and had a great time anyway. It shouldn't be all that suprising, as he really likes that type of music, but to me a night out at Sublime is conducive to drug use. I'm stoked he came, and even more stoked he had a kickass time.
I worked Friday, and ended up getting to Mike S' place at about 5pm maybe. Had a bit too much dinner with him, and Mike KP and Leanne met us while we were eating it.
We caught a train in and met Denise at a pub on Pitt St (which I might add had a GORGEOUS barkeep).
We then headed to a bar closer to Home (ie the venue where Sublime is held), where we met Sarah and her friends. Then we headed over to the 20 minute line outside of the club. Mike KP left us temporarily to pick up a friend at Town Hall, but was back before we were inside. Luck of luck, some girl near me gave me a free entry pass! Sweet! Saved me up to $25! So the night was off to a great start.
We got in and dropped immediately (after buying the $4.50 water) as we were keen to start.
The night went off a treat, although my 2nd pill wasn't as strong as my 1st, but that could be because I waited too long to take it. We also met Ron and her boy Marty there.
Mike KP left at about 5am, but we left the club at just before 6am, and started the walk up to Town Hall (we being Mike S, Leanne, Denise and I). I thought I'd go visit Alex, as he was meant to be doing a job at Martin Place that morning, but after getting there with my mates, he was nowhere to be found. Turns out we were about 1/2 an hour too early. Oh well.
We walked back to Town Hall, and Denise still had 30 minutes until her bus arrived, so I gave her $10 as a thank you for the speed she gave me so that she could get a taxi.
The three of us remaining then caught a train back to Turramurra, and a taxi back to Mike's. We slept late; until 5pm or so. Brendan came over after work, and Leanne and I went and bought some stuff for dinner and went over to Brendan's house; Mike had a dinner to go to.
At Brendan's, Ross called and we were going to go to his house after dinner, but we watched Masters of the Universe (the He-Man spin off movie) while it was cooking, and had to finish the movie once we'd started it. Wow, what a shit movie. Really lame. But I must say, that it was worth the $2 Brendan paid for it.
Finishing the movie meant that we weren't able to consider going to Ross' until 10.30pm or so, and about this time Ross called us to see where we were. We told him we were too tired to make it over, but would go over for breakfast.
And indeed we did. What a breakfast! So big, so tasty! Filled me for most of that day. We then headed off to Mac Centre for CD shopping. When we got there, there was a Nintendo event happening. I registered for their mailing list, which entered me into the draw for a DS Lite. Would be kickass if I won it. I also got a Mario 20th anniversary phone strap. It sounds more interesting than it actually is, but I attached it all the same. I feel so Asian.
Ooh! Boggle bought a double movie pack for $2 from JB. It contains a movie with both Corey Haim AND Corey Feldman! Holy cow! And second to that, it's a tittie movie too! Crazy. The 2nd movie in the pack is of no consequence. So I feel that we paid 75c per Corey, and 50c for the other movie. A bargain anyway you look at it.
After leaving Mac centre, Brendan, Leanne and I went off to Bicentennial park and played soccer and hacky sack until Alex arrived to pick me up. I had to stay at his house last night, as he was being moved into the office today, and I was covering for him on the truck, of course, there was only one job today (which sucks). We had sausages for dinner, and watched Club Dread. A funny movie indeed, but Super Troopers is funnier.
And today I did very little. So that's it.
Goodbye!

Listening to: some whiny rock on JJJ (I'm in the truck on my way back from our only job)
--
This message was sent from my mobile.

No comments: