Friday, July 07, 2006

Russian

Hey people!
I'm currently in Mum's office typing this, and I wish I thought of adding a post earlier because I don't think we'll be here for much longer.
Last night was the Russian dinner with Helen and (most of) the crew. That 'most of' consisted of (moving around the table as not to miss anyone) Linden, Ross, Jana, her boyfriend Ali, a friend of his (of an unknown name), Leanne, Brendan, Monique, Helen, Jon and I.
It was fucking brilliant. Expensive, but fucking tasty. Admittedly, not as filling as the Viking cuisine, but I'd say tastier (as would be hoped at near double the price for mains).
Damn, I want it tonight too. It was so goddamn tasty.
But anyway, the night itself was brilliant. Wonderful company, wonderful atmosphere, wonderful service, wonderful vodka and wonderful food. Brilliance!
Sooo... I had to work today on a potentially difficult job, but we did it with no issues. I will also be working on one job tomorrow morning at the Superdome, and then when I'm done there, I'm heading over to Jon's to meet the crew, and head up to my place. Unfortunately, much less people than I had hoped can actually make it - including Helen. So it'll be Jon, Boggle, Michael S and Leanne heading up with myself, and Denise will be coming up later, and I'm hoping Marty can make it too. I was hoping for more people... but it'll still be good. I don't think I'll light that bonfire though.
Realised today that we not only move from Scotland Island in about 5 weeks, but we also need to sell the Hunter House in about 6 weeks (if there is to be adequate time for a settlement) if we are to move into the Newport house (and not lose the 10% deposit). Fuck. So I need all the positive thought I can get for a quick sale. Seriously.
Next week I'll be going out to Sublime for a night of dancin with Michael, Michael and Denise. Should be kickass. Week after that is the eels concert (if it is still going forth, now that the venue has been declared bankrupt...) and on the same night is Denise & Kev's Housewarming party (they recently moved to Balmain). So I'll be heading to that after the concert, if it still goes forth. Otherwise I'll be spending the whole night there. Hey! Idea! Alex will be in Byron Bay when Denise's party happens, so what I reckon I'll do is get the keys for his apartment, and stay the night there, as it's pretty darn close! Sweet!
So I think that's it.
Until next time!

Listening to: Frank Zappa - Cheap Thrills (Album)

No comments: