Thursday, June 08, 2006

No updates

Sorry that it's been so long; Mum told Telstra to fuck themselves, so we don't have a phone line at the moment, and no phone line means no internet. Sucks. Needless to say, I'm sending this from my mobile.
I'll give you a brief rundown of the weekends events, but it will be brief coz I can't really be bothered typing on the phone.
Was Boggle's birthday on Thursday, so we drank a fair bit at Brendan's place (stayed up till 6am). Then went out Friday to the city for Boggles birthday again. We went to The Clare to meet up with his Uni mates. Those that were there included Boggle (duh), Jon, Leanne, Ross and Tristan. We met up with Mickey S and some of his friends later too. Drank a fair bit that night too, and ended up getting back to Jon's at 6:30am.
Bummed around at Jon's all day Saturday with Boggle and Leanne (and Jon, duh), and met up with Brendan for dinner at Satay Queen. So cheap, so tasty.
Also bummed at Jon's the next day, but at least left the house to go see X Men 3 at Chatswood. Was pretty corny.
Oh, I also found out that the insurance company won't be covering my goods, as our policy doesn't cover theft outside of the house. The big bummer is that Mum was about to start a policy for the Scotland Island house that WOULD have covered theft outside of the house, but she couldn't afford it, so she didn't take it up. Sucks.
So my uncle is trying to find cheap replacements for some of the goods that were stolen from me, so I hope that works out.
Although since losing my iriver I've been reading more. I really do love reading. I just finished Bill Bryson's "Short History of Nearly Everything" for the second time, and as I said after reading it the first time, shit it's a good book. In read it. Absolutely fascinating.
Oh, I nearly forgot. We signed the contract for a house in Newport Beach on Tuesday morn. It's a cool little house, but the bedrooms are tiny. The best thing about it though is that it has a big downstairs room like our old house at Tuzza, which will be brilliant for entertaining. Sweet. Settlement isn't until 30th November though, so that we will have time to sell the Hunter house before we move (and have to pay for it).
So anyway, that's pretty much all that's going on in my life right now.
Until next time.

No comments: