Sunday, November 13, 2005

Wine

This weekend I stayed at home.
Mum's friend Rosalyn came up with her boyfriend Tony. Both are great people. It's always good fun when "Aunty Roz" comes 'round.
They were staying across the road at Cedar Creek Cottages. A nice place run by lovely people (my wonderful neighbours. I love living across the road from a winery!). We headed over to the cellar door for some wine and cheese for lunch, then headed off into Pokolbin for more wine. We went the back road to Pokolbin an dstopped off at Talavera Winery (I think...). Fucking beautiful views and tasting rooms, and pretty nice wine.
But the next winery we went to was called... ummm... lemme think.... what was it called?? Ah yes, a quick check with me Mum told me that it was Tamberlaine (don't ask me if that is correctly spelt however...). And that was freakin good. And what's better was that if you became a member and bought a dozen wines, you got them HALF PRICE!! So between Mum, Tony, Roz and myself we bought 50 bottles. By gum it was good wine, and it all ended up at about $10 a bottle. I also bought a nice dessert wine for $9. Absolutely fantastic! Was so stoked. I might save the dessert wine for Monique's birthday. But golly it was tasty. And the lady there was lovely. A really nice person, which probably contributed to the 50 bottle purchase. Num num.
Anyway, that's enough of wine.
And enough from me I suppose. My week was dull (I think... I can't really remember).
I bought a fair amount of shit this week. It's hard saving for NZ when you've just won $2000. I bought 2x pieces of art (originals by Craig Peterson from Calgary), the Deftones b-sides collection (well, I bought that last week, but received it this week), a DS game (finally); Marioland DS, and I think that might be it.
Alex has decided on his bike, and it's $13k, so $5k over what he has (after the $2k he's giving me). He decided against a 2nd hand bike, and is extending his loan for it. Kudos to him. Alex lent me Lyrics Born's album to rip. Pretty cool mang. I'm ripping too many albums. Far too many. I should be buying them.
On the same line of thought, I only have 2.56GB left on my jukebox!! It will be time to upgrade the hard-drive soon. Not lookin forward to that. I suppose I'll sell my old HDD when I'm done. Unfortunately the place that sold teh 60GB HDDs no longer exists. So I have to find another place now. Sucks.
So yeah, that's pretty much it...

Listening to: Lyrics Born - Later That Day... (Album)

Shout out to Melon in Edinburgh! Hope yer enjoyin it man! I think it's a kickass city.

No comments: