Thursday, October 18, 2007

New Job!

The phone interview went very well. They all seemed very impressed with my responses to the questions they asked, and were generally happy with me.
So happy in fact, that about two hours later, they called me and offered me the position!
Woohoo!
They said that I am the preferred candidate, and as such have the choice of doing the program with either Brisbane City Council (BCC) or the Qld Police Force.
This is actually a pretty hard decision.
The Police Force will be cool - I mean, I'll be doing crime analyses, and they work with live data (which is awesome fun and crazy cool).
However, BCC will offer me work more closely related to the Environmental half of my degree, and as such I am currently leaning toward that option.
Ultimately I want an environmental job, so I think I will go for BCC. Another advantage of BCC is that I will be able to take advantage of the training programs that they offer.
Exciting, only I don't know what the wages will be - I'm expecting around $45k, which is a fairly dramatic pay cut from my last job, but this job offers a thing called *opportunity* plus, Brisbane has cheaper living costs than Sydney.
I'll be starting in either late November or January, I'm not sure yet, and I'm waiting for the email from them with all the details.
So.
Stoked.
Yay!

No comments: