Sunday, October 21, 2007

Jade MacRae


Jade MacRae
Originally uploaded by JadeMonkee.

Ok. There's this Melbourne artist, Selina Cross, that Mum likes from MySpace. She was opening for Jade MacRae tonight at the Vanguard; it was to be her first Sydney gig.
The Vanguard is a good venue (they provide a tasty dinner), so Mum figured she'd take Lilly and I for a night out.
Turns out that Jade MacRae is "So Hot Right Now" so Talan decided he wanted to come along, too.
Only, after we were served dinner, the opening act came on.
"Sorry that Selina Cross couldn't make it tonight. We were only told today about this gig."
HaHa. We were only there for Selina (although I've never heard her). Typical really.
The opening band, The Hipstones, were meant to be a 9 piece usually, but tonight there was only 4 of them. They were below average soul. Nothing new, completely dull. For their sake I hope that they are better with all 9 pieces.
Shit.
BUT, as it turned out, Jade MacRae was AWESOME! Totally phat organs, bass and hot backup singers to boot. And she could sing! Yeah. Turned out awesome.
The food and the cocktails were fucking great, too. Only I wish I didn't have dessert; I'm "So Fat Right Now."
--
This message was sent from my mobile.

(For no real reason I might add that I sent this photo in using my mobile after the concert, but something has gone wrong at Flickr headquarters, and it never uploaded, and as such was subsequently never blogged. So I've retyped it, edited the timestamp, and hey presto, it's like it really happened...)

No comments: