Thursday, November 02, 2006

Long time

Been a while, eh?
You probably could have guessed that I finally (what's so final about it?) remembered to bring my book. So my morning commute has been spent reading it, rather than posting a blog.
Anyways.
I'm pretty confident that the last thing I left you with was the Presidents concert. Pretty confident. How long ago was that? 1 week 4 days. I bet you've been lonely without a post for so long!
I don't really remember anything spectacular about the week after the Presidents, so I'll start with the weekend following (aka last weekend).
The weekend had been nominated as a "weekend of international festivities." Friday was a Southern Night, celebrated with Kentucky Fried Chicken (predictive text insists on the much less appetising Kentucky Dried Chicken), Southern Comfort and Coke (which was actually rather tasty), and the movie The Ladykillers (another wonderful Cohen Brothers film).
Saturday was celebrated with a trip to Ikea, in recognition of Sweden's recent performance in the "least corrupt countries" list. I might add that we also celebrated this with a plate of meatballs. Ikea is... odd. I can understand their crappilly made cheap stuff, but even their expensive stuff is crappilly made. What's the deal with that? Chipboard? Get over it Sweden. Or at least use the high grade stuff. Losers. And your meatballs were SUB-PAR!
For dinner, we decided to celebrate Australia's proud American heritage by going to the Outback Steakhouse in North Strathfield. I'd been to the one in Parklea before (for Pete's 19th) and thought it only average. On Saturday it was AWESOME. Most of us (us being Jon, Boggle, Brendan, Leanne and I) ordered the ribs, but Brendan got a Big Bugger Burger. We were all fucken stoked with our meals. They were the most tender ribs I've ever had; you didn't need a knife! You could just pull them apart as if they were perforated! Awesome! And the Bloomin Onion was awesome too. Oh man, I've just made myself hungry. Best part was that it only cost like $30 inc entree and a 650mL beer. Fucken A.
Sunday was Nat's annual birthday BBQ, but that story will have to wait as I just arrived at Town Hall.

Listening to: Melvins (Their directory on random)
--
This message was sent from my mobile.

No comments: