Tuesday, January 03, 2006

NZ!

Hey people!
I'm currently in an internet cafe in Lake Taupo, NZ. The trip is going great. The Noth Island is totally freakin different to the South that I went to 2 years ago. I think I prefer the South to tell the truth of it. New Years was about as big a disappointment as is possible. We spent it at Mt Maunganui (sp?), and it seemed when we first arrived there that it would be a massive party. Nope. Well kind of I suppose... but not a good one. We were aware of the total alcohol ban, but we weren't aware of the fact that there are only a handful of small pubs at the Mt., and that they were all full, and they weren't near the beach anyway. There was a temporary pub open near the beach called the Sand Bar, but there was a big queue to get in, and the beers were expensive. We ended up walking around the Mt. looking for a pub for 2 hours, and then just catching a taxi back to the house we were staying at at 11:30pm. The tick over to 2006 was a mediocre event, and I was in a shit mood anyway. We did let some fireworks off, and Doug (Boggle's 1st cousin - he lives at the house we were staying at) brought out his potato canon, but I went to bed at about 1:30am, a little happier than I was at midnight, but not pleased with my New Years. So yeah... disappointing.
But Taupo is pretty, and today we are planning on going out kayaking across the lake.
Yeah, that reminds me, I wanted to go skydiving coz it's cheap as chups (haha) here. But I have to weigh under 100kgs. That fucken sucks. So we'll try and make some enquiries and see if it's possible.
But anyway, I can't stay long, I have to have breakfast and we have to go adventuring.
Post later,
Simon

No comments: