Thursday, December 22, 2005

Break down

Well, I'm sitting in the Volvo on the side of the street, waiting for a tow truck to come pick me up.
I spent yesterday with Jon finishing off my Christmas shopping in Hornsby. I got it all down, but I didn't end up being able to get that album that I wanted to get Peter. I ended up getting him a "bachelor's cocktail book" from the 70s instead. It's just photos of naked chicks with cocktail recipes next to them. I thought it was classic, and embarrassing enough to make a good present.
After we were done with the shopping, Jon and I decided to go to the RSL for a cheap beer and a cheap lunch. We ran into Mike S there, and decided to wait for his shift to finish in 4 hours or so. So Jon and I knocked back a quite a few more beers, and played an hour-and-a-half game of snooker (which I won!).
We ended up going to Mike's house afterward for a few more beers and to watch some Aphex Twin filmclips.
I was informed that I was meant to be working the next day, and that Mum would pick me up on the way through. I'm not sure how that was going to work.
So this morning Mum gets the call to pick her car up from the smash repairers. So I'm not working today... which is crap coz I need the money.
So after waiting around at Mike's and being picked up by Mum, on the way into work the transmission on the Volvo goes. Again. Stupid fucking Volvo. So it's hot, I'm hungry and we're waiting on the side of the road when I have a million things to do before I leave for NZ.
Crud.

Listening to: Traffic noise

No comments: