Thursday, December 06, 2007

We Jammin'

Last Sunday Ben invited Me, Leanne, Mickey and Ross down to his place in Kurnell for a jam.
Ross brought his bass, and his harmonica (and Mickey's MicroKorg), and Mickey brought his Trombone. All I could bring along was a mouth harp. Leanne and I spent some time trying to find the mouthpiece for a trumpet of hers, but alas, we could not. Oh well.
It was great fun!
I like the MicroKorg. I like it a lot. I want one.
Leanne took a few photos of the jam. You can see them here.
Because of Leanne and my limited musical experience, we spent some time outside reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe. It's fucking awesome. During said times, there were some pretty cool sounds coming from the band room, and they accompanied the writings very well.
Ben's Mum provided us with plenty of food, and after dinner we finished it off with a bit of a smoke. Oh, and a trombone solo:

Great fun all 'round.

No comments: